My AE92 sedan (Philippines)

Over al je verbouwingen, aanpassingen, enz...

Moderator: Moderator

euae92
Type Corolla: AE92

My AE92 sedan (Philippines)

Bericht door euae92 »

Hi guys! Just want to share my 1991 Corolla AE92 4 door Sedan from the Philippines. :D

Old photos (sorry for the crappy photos :lol: )
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

JDM sprinter set up

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Then, I decided to switch from JDM to EUDM set up because there are plenty of JDM parts here in the Philippines since Japan Surplus parts are imported straight here from Japan.

Since I want to separate myself from others, I opted to embrace European set up. ;)

European parts are hard to find here and very expensive. :lol:

Euro set up (present)

on Toyota Marino rims
Afbeelding

on Black Racing rims
Afbeelding

on Toms C2 rims
Afbeelding

and presently on Enkei Areo rims
Afbeelding

Interior pics will be posted soon. ;)

Thanks for looking! Thanks Corolla Club NL ;)

Gary from Philippines
clk700

Re: My AE92 sedan (Philippines)

Bericht door clk700 »

hi Gary, its nice to see you here... hope we can set up our cars the EDM way :D
peewee
CCNL Member
CCNL Member
CCNL lidnummer: 758
Type Corolla: gt-i 20

Bericht door peewee »

nice car!

and kind of funny how you put the hatchback front on it, in stead of the sedan/ liftback front...
looks really good, now only getting everything in color...

p.s. it's not really the "euro setup", because you have the side indicators in the corner lights, and not in the fenders on the side, but thats in my opinion a nicer and cleaner look( have done the same to my car, only need to remove the ones in the sides)
groeten van PeeWee
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

peewee schreef:nice car!

and kind of funny how you put the hatchback front on it, in stead of the sedan/ liftback front...
looks really good, now only getting everything in color...

p.s. it's not really the "euro setup", because you have the side indicators in the corner lights, and not in the fenders on the side, but thats in my opinion a nicer and cleaner look( have done the same to my car, only need to remove the ones in the sides)
Thanks peewee! The hatchback front bumper is very rare here, that's why i chose to acquire this one. ;)

Regarding the side marker, yup you're good, you saw my corner lights. :lol: They're still JDM. I'm currently in search of the european corner lights (all white) and I'm having a hard time looking for them. :lol: I already have the fender signal lights, will have them installed when I'll have the car painted. ;)
CoupÉter
CCNL Member
CCNL Member
CCNL lidnummer: 736
Type Corolla: E12
Type Corolla: T-sport

Bericht door CoupÉter »

welcome here on the Corolla forum. :)

nice corolla you have there! i like the first en the second rims the most. The enkei wheels make him look like a beemer from the side :(
I do like the front you put on the car. Only everything in color is much nicer. And all the windows tinted... NICE! functional for the heat there? :)
Past: Silver Toyota Corolla E11 Clean look (sold)
Current: Toyota Yaris (daily)
Current: Toyota Corolla E12 TS
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

CoupÉter schreef:welcome here on the Corolla forum. :)

nice corolla you have there! i like the first en the second rims the most. The enkei wheels make him look like a beemer from the side :(
I do like the front you put on the car. Only everything in color is much nicer. And all the windows tinted... NICE! functional for the heat there? :)
Thanks for the warm welcome CoupÉter ;)

Too bad, the first two rims are already sold. :( I really want to acquire a European-made OEM rims for my AE92 though ;) I'll have it painted early next year and maybe have the windows tinted again since summer here starts in March. Temp can get as hot as 40 deg C. :lol:
MzKzM
CCNL Member
CCNL Member
CCNL lidnummer: 545

Bericht door MzKzM »

Nice car!

I must say I like the sprinter look more (top photo's) with those recessed headlights and the C-grille. Must be because we don't have those over here :)
How is the availability of parts for the AE9* series over there? I'm still after some door panels from an corolla SE/LE and some other small parts as well.
Is there another auction kind of site besides http://www.sulit.com.ph/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
I'm sure someone over here can supply tou with the clear corners you're after. (by the way, what have you done with those "GT" & "twincam" badges? I've been searicht for 3 years for them! :) )
Coffee is what makes civilized life possible in these demanding times...
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

Creative Direction rims

Afbeelding

Some of the interior shots

cup holder + tray + push button A/C switch
Afbeelding

with rear adjustable headrest
Afbeelding

My friend's AE92

Afbeelding

Future upgrades that I'm still hoping to find :(
GTi Cluster guage
Afbeelding
(photo borrowed from the net)

Thanks Corolla Club NZ ;)
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

MzKzM schreef:Nice car!

I must say I like the sprinter look more (top photo's) with those recessed headlights and the C-grille. Must be because we don't have those over here :)
How is the availability of parts for the AE9* series over there? I'm still after some door panels from an corolla SE/LE and some other small parts as well.
Is there another auction kind of site besides http://www.sulit.com.ph/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
I'm sure someone over here can supply tou with the clear corners you're after. (by the way, what have you done with those "GT" & "twincam" badges? I've been searicht for 3 years for them! :) )
Yeah you're right MzKzM. ;) Sprinter set up is more agressive. But we have tons of Sprinter fronts here. I want to be unique. :lol: AE92 parts here are starting to be rare, even in Japan. Prices of parts are getting expensive. Door sets and some panels are still available though, just have patience to wait for shipments from Japan.

The GT and Twincam badges are still with me. These are hard-to-find items even here in the Philippines. I don't know why Toyota is giving us a hard time in building our car projects. :lol: :lol:
MzKzM
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door MzKzM »

Another easy upgrade is the adjustable intermitted wiper switch. This is a plug and play "upgrade" wich uses an steering colums switch form an carina E (at least over here). It is exactly the same except for the fact you can adjust the timer of you intermitted front wiper from 2-12 seconds. Must say I don't know how much rain you guys get over there but here it is often pouring.
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

Thanks for that tip MzKzM. I'm not aware that that part exist. :lol: Here in the Philippines, we only get lots of rain during the months of May- August. :lol:

I also need that A/C vent shutter and a pair of sedan Tail lights with Rear fog light :( :(

I do hope someone there can send us some Euro items here in exchange of JDM items ;)
MzKzM
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door MzKzM »

euae92 schreef: I also need that A/C vent shutter and a pair of sedan Tail lights with Rear fog light :( :(

I do hope someone there can send us some Euro items here in exchange of JDM items ;)
Over here the sedan is quite rare I must say. I'm sure I can source some tail lights but not with that chrome trim you have right now.
These are the ones we have: http://auto.marktplaats.nl/toyota/40343 ... -goed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A rear fog light switch shouldn't be too hard to find. What color would you like the switch? We only have the blue and shadow grey interior over here, all other colors are imported cars as far as I know so I can't help you to a maroon of brown switch.

I'm more than happy to ship overseas, I'll be on the lookout for your corners as well.

The A/C vent shutter, wich one do you mean? The one just below the digital clock in your last picture? That is part of the whole dashboard trim and I must admit, most of them don't shut properly after 20 years of service. Reason for that is the foamy sealing crumbles after a certain age. Howeven, you can take them apart and try to source some new sealing form somewhere (Toyota doesn't have it, only as a complete dash trim assembly).
peewee
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door peewee »

i still have the EDM corners ;)
if you want, i can ship them to you, no problem. first check what the shipping rates are etc....
will trade it for a cupholder like yours, if that's easy to find. the blank fenders without the holes would be cool, but that's a bit expensive to ship....
other than that, i can't really think of other JDM parts i want/need, any sugestions? :)

greetings peter
groeten van PeeWee
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

MzKzM schreef:
euae92 schreef: I also need that A/C vent shutter and a pair of sedan Tail lights with Rear fog light :( :(

Over here the sedan is quite rare I must say. I'm sure I can source some tail lights but not with that chrome trim you have right now.
These are the ones we have: http://auto.marktplaats.nl/toyota/40343 ... -goed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm looking forward for that tail lights. Used are ok with me, but they must be in good condition though. Just PM me. ;)

A rear fog light switch shouldn't be too hard to find. What color would you like the switch? We only have the blue and shadow grey interior over here, all other colors are imported cars as far as I know so I can't help you to a maroon of brown switch.

I want the dark grey/ black one since my interior is grey dominant. ;)

I'm more than happy to ship overseas, I'll be on the lookout for your corners as well.
Looking forward to ship overseas too. ;)

The A/C vent shutter, wich one do you mean? The one just below the digital clock in your last picture? That is part of the whole dashboard trim and I must admit, most of them don't shut properly after 20 years of service. Reason for that is the foamy sealing crumbles after a certain age. Howeven, you can take them apart and try to source some new sealing form somewhere (Toyota doesn't have it, only as a complete dash trim assembly).
The outlined portion are the items I'm looking for. :( Including the guage with rearfog indicator of course. :(
Afbeelding
Borrowed pic from your thread

I envy you guys, you have a lot of those items there. :lol:
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

peewee schreef:i still have the EDM corners ;)
if you want, i can ship them to you, no problem. first check what the shipping rates are etc....
will trade it for a cupholder like yours, if that's easy to find. the blank fenders without the holes would be cool, but that's a bit expensive to ship....
other than that, i can't really think of other JDM parts i want/need, any sugestions? :)

greetings peter
Ok Peter, thanks! I'll be happy to trade parts with you. ;) I'll also check if how much the shipping fee cost.

I suggest you start with small items like auto retractable side mirrors, fender guide lights, JAF (Japan automobile federation) grill emblem, and JDM parking sticker.

Afbeelding
borrowed photo from my friend

or switches maybe?

fog light rocker switch
Afbeelding

back glass washer and defogger combo switch
Afbeelding

If these small items arrived there in good conditon, maybe you would consider larger items like front bumper (sprinter of corolla JDM). ;)
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

More interior photos of my AE92

JDM push button AC switch
Afbeelding

OEM Clean ace air purifier (ceiling mounted)
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Another item in search

AE92 tow hook
Afbeelding
photo borrowed from the net

Thanks Corolla Club NL ;)
MzKzM
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door MzKzM »

Well, I'm sure Peter and I can make a box full of goodies for you.
I'll have to check exactly were the indicators are (left or right side).
When I get to the junkyard I'll have a look for you.
fog light rocker switch
Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Actually I'm still looking for both these switches in dark grey / black color
That foglight switch is not stock is it?

I already have lots of JDM goodies, just have to put them in and sort out a lot of wiring.

Shipping large items such as bumpers will be very expensive, I even think it is cheaper to buy such parts new from the dealer over here.
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

MzKzM schreef:Well, I'm sure Peter and I can make a box full of goodies for you.
I'll have to check exactly were the indicators are (left or right side).
When I get to the junkyard I'll have a look for you.
fog light rocker switch
Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Actually I'm still looking for both these switches in dark grey / black color
That foglight switch is not stock is it?

I already have lots of JDM goodies, just have to put them in and sort out a lot of wiring.

Shipping large items such as bumpers will be very expensive, I even think it is cheaper to buy such parts new from the dealer over here.
The switches are stock in Japan. But its bolt on and no extra drilling required to fit the existing holes. ;) Yup, large item would be expensive to ship, if you like, we can start in sending small items. ;)

Another suggestion is the JDM door handle (with chrome lining)

Afbeelding

More parts I'm looking for :( :(

Toyota grill emblem and GT-i16 emblem
Afbeelding

OEM AE92 Headlight washer
Afbeelding
photo borrowed from a friend

Thanks Corolla Club NL ;)
Blof-fan
E-team
E-team
CCNL lidnummer: 525
Type Corolla: AE92 GT-S
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blof-fan »

Ah look, there he is!
Very nice sedan. Although I agree with Peter that I like the sprinter front aswell, with those recessed lights. But thats probably because we don't have those parts here ;)
I really like the clean look of your buddy's white sedan. And I really, really like his rims! :D
Hope your car will end up just as nice and clean as his. You already have some very nice parts there. ;)

I might still have a AE92 grille, with the Toyota 'three ring' logo lying around. I'll have a look in my partsdepartment in my workshop next time I'm there ;)
Driving: '04 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Wagon
Driving: '89 Toyota Corolla AE92 XL Hatchback B&M Special
Restomodding: '88 Toyota Corolla AE92 GT-S Coupé
Have a good life in Africa: '92 Toyota Corolla AE92 GTSi Hatchback

Mijn uitgebreide persoonlijke project site
MzKzM
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door MzKzM »

And I'm sure I have the GTi emblem somewhere.
The headlight washers do require some more parts, like the switch in the dashboard, a different type of washer bottle (although the original will probably work as well), a relayblock near the washer bottle and of course wiring and tubing.
Also, they are a rare item to find over here. I got my switch from Germany and am still looking for the relay block and nozzles myzelf.
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

Blof-fan schreef:Ah look, there he is!
Very nice sedan. Although I agree with Peter that I like the sprinter front aswell, with those recessed lights. But thats probably because we don't have those parts here ;)
I really like the clean look of your buddy's white sedan. And I really, really like his rims! :D
Hope your car will end up just as nice and clean as his. You already have some very nice parts there. ;)

I might still have a AE92 grille, with the Toyota 'three ring' logo lying around. I'll have a look in my partsdepartment in my workshop next time I'm there ;)
Yup, my friend's sedan is really a head turner here. That car has a GTi cluster guage originally came from there. Lucky guy :lol:

Thanks Blof-fan! I hope we can exchange parts if chance permits. ;)
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

MzKzM schreef:And I'm sure I have the GTi emblem somewhere.
The headlight washers do require some more parts, like the switch in the dashboard, a different type of washer bottle (although the original will probably work as well), a relayblock near the washer bottle and of course wiring and tubing.
Also, they are a rare item to find over here. I got my switch from Germany and am still looking for the relay block and nozzles myzelf.
I'm happy if I'll have those washers. Somebody here can make them work. ;) I never thought that even these washers are hard to find there. :(

Thanks MzKzM for the help ;)
clk700

Bericht door clk700 »

nicely done "cabalen"
Martijn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
CCNL lidnummer: 1
Type Corolla: KE70
Type Corolla: Toyota CHR
Contacteer:

Bericht door Martijn »

I have got a brand new AE92 "GT-i16" grille emblem. Can go for friendly offer ;)
Afbeelding

If they don´t even have a microfiber towell in heaven.. IM NOT GOING!

˙˙˙ɐʇoʎoʇ uɐʌ uǝʌoqǝʇsɹǝpuO
euae92

Bericht door euae92 »

Martijn schreef:I have got a brand new AE92 "GT-i16" grille emblem. Can go for friendly offer ;)
Wow! Thanks in advance Martijn. My concern now is shipping cost since that will travel half of the Earth. :lol:
peewee
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door peewee »

we'll make a nice package for you, putting all the parts together everyone has, and then ship that. i'll make a phonecall for you this week, then maybe i have an instrument cluster with foglight indicator for you, and if you're lucky maybe a gti cluster....
groeten van PeeWee
MzKzM
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door MzKzM »

I think this will be about the cheapest service (http://www.tntpost.nl/voorthuis/pakkett ... kket-plus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) It can take up to 3 weeks to arrive.
Here's a quick overview:

0-2 kg € 24,10
2-5 kg € 34,20
5-10 kg € 57,10
10-20 kg € 104,10

I have checked UPS, FedEx, DHL and some other companies al well but those ask more than€200,- for 10 kg!
Ninja
Special member
Special member
CCNL lidnummer: 1
Type Corolla: E11
Type Corolla: 2x 1.6S
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ninja »

hello i have found this http://link.marktplaats.nl/398824057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Corolla E11 S Satin Black
Corolla E11 S Cool Water Blue

ZX6R Ninja
Blof-fan
E-team
E-team
CCNL lidnummer: 525
Type Corolla: AE92 GT-S
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blof-fan »

I believe we have a winner! :lol:

It doesn't include the black panel that goes with it or the wiring, but maybe you can fab up something yourself.
The price is very, very reasonable! ;)
Driving: '04 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Wagon
Driving: '89 Toyota Corolla AE92 XL Hatchback B&M Special
Restomodding: '88 Toyota Corolla AE92 GT-S Coupé
Have a good life in Africa: '92 Toyota Corolla AE92 GTSi Hatchback

Mijn uitgebreide persoonlijke project site
peewee
CCNL Member
CCNL Member

Bericht door peewee »

damn, i'm also still lokking for one with the clock in it, cause by mine the clock is removed for a turbo pressure gauge...
if i buy this one, you can get mine if you don't mind the absence off the clock, for a lower price off course...
groeten van PeeWee
Plaats reactie